it’s been a trying past few days
"be stubborn about your goals but flexible about your methods." the best advice I’ve ever received.
- partner: you be the teacher ill be the student ;)
- me: okay
- me: write an essay on whether theatre architecture of a particular period always reflects that period's culture. i want it on my desk by monday
- partner: oh no but... thats such a hard essay... is there anything i can do for extra credit? ;)
- me: no
- partner: but professor.... surely then i could... persuade you to extend the deadline...? ;)
- me: no
- partner: so... what do you want, professor?? ;)))
- me: an essay on whether theatre architecture of a particular period always reflects that period's culture. on my desk. by monday
To our brothers and sisters in the Missouri National Guard:
We are writing to you as active-duty U.S. service members and veterans, most of us having served in the Iraq war.
You have a choice you can make right now.
The people have the right to protest. If we were truly honoring our oath, we would be in Ferguson to protect the protesters against the repression of their rights by the police.
Imagine the powerful impact it would have if you abandoned your posts and marched with the protesters.
That single action could have the biggest possible effect on the crisis in Ferguson and the larger issues it represents in the entire country. It could be a major turning point in the fight against racism, inequality and police abuse.
You wouldn’t be alone. There is a whole community of service members, veterans and civilian supporters who would defend your right to do so. And now, in this critical moment, we are urging you to exercise that right.
Justice for Mike Brown! Jail Darren Wilson!
reading this gave me goosebumps. the movement is gaining strength. i’m proud of these politicized soldiers, it gives me hope. could this be part of the reason why the National Guard was withdrawn from Ferguson? pressure from within….
"A person of good intelligence and sensitivity cannot exist in this society very long without having some anger about the inequality - and it’s not just a bleeding-heart, knee-jerk, liberal kind of a thing - it is just a normal human reaction to a nonsensical set of values where we have cinnamon flavored dental floss and there are people sleeping in the street" ~ George Carlin
This man was a pure genius.
General Relativity in 8 gifs
Reblog every time.
i see you linds
New favorite meme: Old Economy Steven
my dad’s name is steven and he’s 56 and this is honestly the most perfect fucking thing ive ever fucking seen
Best political cartoons
"In just six hours, the world’s deserts receive more energy from the sun than humankind consumes in a year. (x)